Reflection from Monday..


As I was reflecting on light and looking out my window onto this cloudy, sunless, rainy morning, the quote by CS Lewis came to mind-  "I believe in Christ like I believe in the sun- not because I can see it, but by it I can see everything else."  Our ability to see life itself reveals to us the presence of God. Like Isaiah 61 says, Jesus came to bring "release from darkness for the prisoner" and in Luke 4 "recovery of sight to the blind." To give us "a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."  So often I focus on wanting to see God (or the sun) that I take for granted the reality that seeing anything at all - life, hope, anything beyond this world's darkness and despair, really - is the evidence of God's presence. Even on the days we don't "see" God (or the sun), we can know and trust God is present with us, just beyond the clouds, faithful as the sun, continually releasing us from darkness and despair. 

- Jenny

Comments

Popular Posts